Friday, February 26, 2016

How to Spa on a Budget


I don't know about you ladies, but I like to be pampered every now and then. My type of pampering consists of shopping and food, but I'm talking about the complete spa package. The weekly/monthly routine where some ladies are fortunate enough to receive the entire sensation of getting a message, nails and toes treated, along with a therapeutic bath is currently out of my reach.

Good thing I like to ball on a budget. 

In the past couple of weeks, I've learned that you don't have to go a spa to receive these special treatments. I've turned it to a DIY type of thing. I've learned to use ingredients in the kitchen and everyday items my family keeps in our home to get myself rejuvenated for the following week.

Here's a list of things I like to get into on my at home spa day:

1. Paint my nails:

  • I'm the least girly of the ladies in my family, but I've managed to curate two hands full of simple, calm colors. 
  • Not good at painting your nails? Invite your girlfriend over to join your spa day. While you paint each others nails, put on your favorite jams or play a movie.
2. Draw a bath:
  • I like to use Epsom salt and apple cider vinegar in my baths. These ingredients are good for releasing toxins from your body, relieving stress and pain, and helping your muscles and nerves function properly.  
  • During this time I advise you to play your tunes or grab a book to keep you from drowning in your thoughts. Remember, you're there to relax. Do this for 30 minutes.
3. Create all natural facials (my favorite):

  • I like to do two. For the first one, it's just sugar -it doesn't matter if it's brown or white- and you can use either a lemon or lime. Since we never go a day without them I used a lime. I like to use these two to exfoliate my skin. It's always good to do this treatment 1-2 times a week. All you need to do is cut a slice of your preferred lemon or lime, dip it in the sugar, and scrub. This leaves you with a nice and clean, smooth feeling face.
  • The second one calls for one teaspoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, and one egg. These ingredients are good for tightening your pores along with lightening and eventually removing dark spots if done consistently. Kandee Johnson shows you how here.
4. Put your cute puppy dog face on and cross your fingers that your significant other falls into a trance and gives you that awesome back rub until you fall asleep.

It's an awesome thing that most, if not all of these ingredients are at your local grocery store. But even more than that being awesome is that it's important to treat and take care yourself. You work hard and you deserve it. Stay beautiful! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

SPEAK YOUR MIND

© LET IT BE YOURS. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig
Subscribe